So, what does it take to track up to 50 million packages in a single day?
A fine-tuned team of innovative technology employees for starters. And, of course, the most innovative infrastructure for package handling, delivery and supply chain solutions the world has ever known. From retrofitting our aircraft with advanced technology and fuel-efficient engines that reduce noise to developing a powerful computer network that efficiently dispatches our vehicles, we make the world work better by starting right here with our own operations. Efficiency and sustainability are at the center of everything we do.
Our commitment to technology means having the right tools for every assignment, like using a hand-held Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD) as a single point of digital tracking for every package a UPSer delivers. With over 97,000 DIADs collecting and distributing package delivery data in the field, the efficiencies really add up for our employees, our customers and our bottom line. In fact, UPS spends more than $1 billion a year on information technology, so we can provide customers with unparalleled tracking and distribution intelligence. From smart phone apps and a website that handles an average of 26.2 million tracking requests a day to Worldship, our innovative support and resource center that caters to over 598,000 customers, we’re built to go the extra mile.
Another example of our commitment to innovation is UPS Worldport in Louisville, Kentucky. With the capacity to sort 416,000 packages per hour and 1.5 million daily, it shows how far the innovative thinking of a brilliant team can go. But it doesn’t stop there. Our line of products and services used by our customers continue to redefine the way the world does business. That’s logistics. That’s UPS.
At UPS we are constantly working on remaining the best service provider in the industry. To remain the best in class, we need exceptionally talented, driven and bright people. If you are looking at bringing UPS to the next level, than this is your chance to be part of something special. UPS is looking for a driven, forward thinking, and analytically minded supervisor with strong people and communication skills. Are you excited to start this adventure in our brand new, soon to be opened, Distribution center in Eindhoven?
What do you do on an average day?
· You are responsible for the organization of workload at your center
· You are customer-minded and “Service” is your key motivation. That is why you will also
follow-up on service failures
· You are responsible for the compliance with UPS procedures in your center and you
organize training sessions to support your employees
· You interact with the employees and establish a solid relationship of trust
· In order to ensure excellent services, you will work together with your team, other
supervisors and management
· You will report directly to the Center Manager
· You will have a team of 8 teamleaders, who will directly report to you
What we expect from you?
· Since we are an international organization, we expect from you that you can communicate
in Dutch as well as in English
· You have some experience in leading a team in an hectic warehouse environment
· A Bachelor degree or similar
– Work from 15.00 till 00.00 (and longer if needed)
What we offer:
What does UPS have to offer you?
– A competitive salary with various employee benefits (including discount on shipping with
UPS, discount on Apple products, etc.)
– A dynamic, international environment in which you can learn a lot in a short time and the
possibility to develop in different activities within a new workplace
– Sufficient growth opportunities, ‘we promote from within’
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? Then do not hesitate and apply!